Skip The Traffic, Take The Train!
AAA Travel projects that more than 38 million Americans will travel 50 miles or more this Memorial Day and 89 percent (34 million) travelers will drive to their destinations. That means lots and lots of cars on the road, which sounds like the perfect reason to skip the traffic and take the train! If that doesn’t have you convinced, here’s five reasons you should let us handle the driving this summer:
1. 500 Destinations
Amtrak connects small towns to big cities and everywhere in between. With more than 500 destinations in the United States and Canada, your Memorial Day getaway is just a train ride away.
2. Traveling with kids? Save 50%
Up to two children, ages 2-12, can receive a 50% discount on the lowest available adult fare. Kids under the age of two ride FREE! So grab the kids and get ready to make some memories their sure to never forget.
3. Travel Green
Amtrak trains are 11% more energy efficient than planes and 31% more efficient than cars.
4. Perks Galor
- We’ve got deals that make travel a steal! Wherever you’re headed we are bound to have an everyday discount or special deal just for you. Have we mentioned our Amtrak Guest Rewards program? It’s all about earning easy and rewarding often.
- Wi-Fi? Why yes! More than 90% of Amtrak customers have access to FREE Wi-Fi aboard our trains.
- Need to travel with a pet? No problem? Small cats and dogs can travel with you on your next Amtrak adventure.
- Want to hit the trails for the weekend? Bring your bike and make it a long weekend filled with trails and rails!
- 2+2 = FREE. We’ve got the most generous baggage policy in the business. Pack the extra bathing suits and sunscreen because when you travel with Amtrak you get two carry-on bags plus two personal items for free.
5. Windows on the Ceiling
There’s lots of reasons why trains are better than cars for long trips, but the observation car has to be one of the best.
Where are you going for Memorial Day weekend? Let us know in the comments below!