All Aboard! Next Stop, Austin
Ah, Texas. It’s known for being larger than life, and that extends from it’s BBQ to its unique Texas charm. The state’s capital is famous for its unique personality, good eats, and plenty of activities. But don’t worry – we’ve done the research for you and present you the best of Austin below.
Where to eat
- La Barbeque: Locals love this BBQ spot with melt-in-your-mouth brisket, plenty of meat platter options, and chipotle slaw.
- Juan in a Million: We’re diggin’ this punny restaurant name, but its delicious traditional Mexican food is no joke. Try your hand at the Don Juan Taco Grande challenge, if you dare.
- Texas Chili Parlor: Apparently you haven’t experienced Texas until you’ve had a legendary Frito Pie, and this is the spot to get one.
Where to drink
- Jester King Brewery: This local craft brewery relies on home-grown ingredients to make deliciously summery IPA’s and rich wintry stouts.
- Nightcap: This establishment combines two of our favorite things – inventive cocktails and decadent desserts – served late into the night.
- Small Victory: Modeled after old-timey speakeasies, this watering hole features an underground set-up of plush velvet couches and liberal libations.
What to do
- Barton Springs Pool: Word has it that several state laws were crafted in this pool, a popular spot to cool off for legislators and locals alike.
- SoCo District: This kitschy collection of shops, eateries and curiosities is the perfect street to stroll down while checking out vintage finds and tasty bites.
- Alamo Drafthouse Cinema: Catch a showing of your favorite movie while sipping cold brews and enjoying artisan snack plates.
So grab your cowboy boots and saddle up to the Texas Eagle for an unforgettable ride to the Lone Star State. Our comfy roomettes and bedrooms, delicious meals, and scenic Observation Car make for a unique experience you’re sure to love.
Lookin’ for a discount? Keep an eye on our hot deals and discounts to snag them when they become available!