Top Picks for Long-Distance Meals on Amtrak
There’s nothing worse than feeling "hangry" when you’re on the move. So, whether you’re heading home, visiting a friend, or going on a spontaneous weekend trip by train, you’ve got to eat.
Luckily, Amtrak has your cravings covered.
You can beat your stomach growls with breakfast, lunch, dinner and, of course, dessert across any of the long-distance train rides.
Plus, the little ones can choose from a children’s menu that features kid-friendly food like hot dogs, pizza and chicken tenders. And since we change our menu seasonally, you can always taste something different.
Before your next trip, check out our tips on how to score great meals on Amtrak. In the mean time, if you’re taking one of the trains below, then try these delicious plates!
- The Sunset Limited – Train yourself to eat well in the morning with the Railroad French Toast, topped with sugar, syrup and fruit.
- The California Zephyr – Chow down on the spicy Chipotle Black Bean and Corn Veggie Burger, which comes with a pickle and kettle chips.
- The Coast Starlight – Get decadent with The Amtrak Signature Steak, grilled in the Morel Wild Forest Mushroom Sauce.
- The Silver Service – Drink down some premium spirits and liqueurs, like Jack Daniel’s Black Label (that is, if you’re legal...)
- The Auto Train – Treat your sweet tooth to a slice of the New York Cheesecake.
Got a favorite Amtrak meal or snack? Let us know in the comments below!
From June 17 to June 26, Amtrak is offering special fares between some of your favorite cities. Amtrak travels to more than 500 destinations in 46 states. and now you can go to some of our most popular destinations for cheap. Go here to find out more details or buy your tickets on Amtrak.com!