From the country's sweet potato capital (North Carolina) to America's No. 1 producer of turkeys (Minnesota), Amtrak is taking customers to a lot of destinations this Thanksgiving!
Recently we asked you on Facebook and Instagram just how far you were traveling with us for mom's home cooking, and your answers even surprised us! (And we seriously love trains.) Here are the top 10 most interesting places people are going this Thanksgiving!
10. "I'm going home to Vermont for Thanksgiving!" -Josh Farber
Route: Vermonter (seems appropriate to us)
9. "Home to Chicago!" -Sam Perez
Routes: Michigan Services, Lincoln Service, Hiawatha
8. "Louisiana!" -Amy Utter
Route: City of New Orleans
6. "Next door, and I wouldn't have it any other way!" -Andrew Love
Route: Hmmm ... maybe he lives next to a train station?
4. "I have kids coming in from New York and Washington, D.C.! I can't wait! Thanks, Amtrak!" -Mary Williams<---an official mom herself!
Route: Northeast Regional
3. "I'm heading from Wilmington, Del., to Winter Park, Fla.!" -Michael Sensor
Route: Silver Service
2. "I'm traveling 1,200 [for mom's home cooking], and it's worth every mile!" -Lisa Carvey McWhorter
Route: Perhaps our Empire Builder route, which is 1,377 miles long?
1. "I'm going to Wisconsin to see my mom, baby sister, dad and uncle all the way from Arkansas. #17hoursofpurebliss" -ToiNisha Griffin
Route: Texas Eagle
Now it's your turn! Where are you traveling on Amtrak this Thanksgiving? Let us know in the comments section below.