Summer Schedule for Empire Service
In our efforts to continue providing you with a safe and reliable travel experience, Amtrak is accelerating work that will strengthen and improve operations at New York Penn Station.
Along with the previously announced service adjustments, the work will require three northbound and three southbound Empire Service trains to/from Albany to use Grand Central Terminal (NYG) instead of New York Penn Station (NYP) on weekdays from July 10 through September 1, 2017.
If you are traveling on Empire Service trains via Grand Central Terminal this summer, here are a few things to keep in mind:
- Anyone with an impacted existing reservation has been contacted with updated travel information.
- For future travel, you can now visit Amtrak.com and the mobile app to view the latest information when checking arrivals and departures, or booking travel.
- Taxis and local transit are available for transferring between New York Penn Station and Grand Central Terminal. We encourage you to add extra time to your schedule if transferring between stations.
- If you need assistance, Amtrak conductors will be available during the boarding and de-training process.
- If you need additional assistance from an Amtrak ticket agent or other station employee, we recommend booking Empire Service trains that use New York Penn Station.