July Events On the Northeast Corridor
Looking for a quick weekend or day trip along the Northeast Corridor to one of the awesome cities below? There are several exciting July events awaiting you from Beantown to the nation’s capital, so grab a friend and hop on board so we can whisk you away to one of these stops for food, fun and sun. ☀️
- Tall Ship Cruises: Have your own (iced) Tea Party and check out the harbor’s picturesque sights on one of these stately schooners.
- The Lawn on D: It’s like an awesome playground – for adults! Interactive art installations, food trucks and live music are perfect ways to spend a lazy Sunday.
- Shakespeare on the Common: Get cultured and watch the Commonwealth Shakespeare Company perform some of the Bard’s finest under the stars.
- Bastille Day: Party with Frenchmen and Francophiles alike on 60th street while enjoying all things French – cheese, wine, baguettes and more!
- Midsummer Night Swing: Head over to Lincoln Center with your dancing shoes and get ready to shimmy to the sounds of salsa, big band and disco.
- Smorgasburg: Up to 100 food vendors tempt visitors with tasty treats like Vietnamese bánh mì, Indian tacos and homemade ice cream. Nom!
- Bluegrass and Blueberries Festival: Put on your cowboy boots, munch on some homemade blueberry treats, and dance the day away to the area’s freshest bluegrass and country tunes.
- Blue Cross RiverRink Summerfest: Challenge your friends to the ultimate game of mini-golf and take a spin in the city’s first outdoor roller rink at Philly’s one and only summer wonderland.
- Screening Under the Stars: See Star Wars under the, er…, stars at the Delaware Riverfront for some big screen action outdoors.
- Artscape: Escape the grind and join over 350,000 attendees at the country’s largest free arts festival. Don’t forget to check out the wildly popular Art Cars exhibit!
- Haunted Fells Point Pub Tour: The nation’s oldest harbor is bound to have a few ghostly secrets. Get a bit of haunted history along with your Hefeweizen. Boo!
- Baltimore Harbor Cruise: Get the wind in your sails and hair as your tour around the beautiful Inner Harbor. Dock at the nearby Rusty Skupper for some famous Maryland crabs!
- Smithsonian Folklife Festival: This huge annual celebration of cultures happens on the National Mall, so get in your fill of international eats and then peep the monuments.
- Nationals Baseball: Get your #Natitude on and cheer for the Capital’s baseball team while enjoying some hometown specialties like a chili dog from Ben’s Chili Bowl.
- UniverSoul Circus: Step under the Big Top and bring the kids, because this huge gathering of acrobatics and high flyin’ trapeze tricks is sure to surprise and delight.
See an event or two that piques your interest? Just head on over to amtrak.com and book a seat on the Northeast Regional or Acela. With our 14 day advance deal and other saver fares, you’ll have more money for summer fun. Plus, dual outlets, the most legroom in the travel industry, and a fully stocked Cafe Car make us the comfiest and smartest way to travel. All aboard!