Pack for the Track: Tips for Your Daily Commute
Don’t stress about your commute—let Amtrak do the driving. Whether you’re just kicking off your day, getting an early jump on work, or catching your breath after clocking out, here are a few suggestions for finding more ‘you’ time on your trip.
- Go With Joe – Visit the café car to start your day off right with a cup of fresh brewed coffee.
- Choose Your Seat – Whether it’s in our spacious coach or business class, the right location can inspire your work day.
- Catch Up On-The-Go – Check out The National, Amtrak’s complimentary on board magazine. Its pages are filled with original works of art, poetry, and fiction that celebrate the culture and identity of American life.
Get Started on the Go
- Pack a Power Splitter – Have multiple electronics or just want to share with a neighbor? Bring an adapter to help power your journey.
- Clear Your Inbox – Free Wifi can mean a clear inbox before you even step foot through the office door.
- Closed- Ear Headphones – Train time is your time. Stretch out, pop in those headphones, and decompress before that business meeting.
Unwind After Work
- Relax With a Page-Turner – All reading is self-improvement… even that murder mystery you’ve been meaning to read. Kick back and dive in!
- Tune Into Some Podcasts – There are many ways you can spend your time while riding Amtrak, but listening to podcasts enters that rarefied territory of being both productive and reflective.
- Cheers! Toast to the end of a good day with a beer from the café car.
These are just a few of the ways you can customize your commute as Amtrak takes you there and brings you home again. Beyond the perks available on board, like the most generous baggage policy in the travel industry and free Wi-Fi to enhance your ride, sign up for the Amtrak Guest Rewards program to turn your rides into rewards.