Don’t Miss Out on Denver
With an average of 300 days of sunshine each year, there’s really no excuse not to get outside and have some fun in Denver. From delicious craft beer to the great outdoors, Denver is home to the best of Colorado, and we’ve got your cheat sheet for taking advantage of all it has to offer.
What to Do
- Denver Art Museum: Catch a glimpse of the luxurious 17th-century jewels in the “Glitterati” exhibit and experience the magnificence of the American Indian art collection, one of the largest and most impressive in the world.
- GeoTours: You can’t leave Colorado without taking part in one of its most popular pastime: adventure sports. Wind down the Colorado River and become one with nature in this guided white-water rafting tour.
- Rocky Mountain National Park: Take a day trip to the Rockies and hike your way through some of the most beautiful and awe-inspiring views in the area. With so many waterfall-laden paths to choose from, there’s sure to be a trail that suits every fancy.
Where to Eat
- Cuba Cuba: Load up on flavor with specialities like the Lechon Asado (slow roasted pork) or the Camarones al Coco (shrimp sauteéd in coconut-milk). We promise, your tastebuds will thank you for it.
- Peak’s Lounge: Get a bird’s eye view of the Mile High City as you enjoy the Mountain Cobb salad or Tuna Tartar at this 27th-floor establishment. And with all the drinks containing local ingredients, you’ll be sure to get into the Colorado spirit.
- Historians Ale House: If you’re looking to get a taste of Colorado’s thriving craft beer scene, look no further. We recommend trying the Westfax Cilantro Lime Ale (one of 40 beers on tap), and pairing it with a hearty sandwich like the Blacked Chicken.
How to Get There
Hop on the California Zephyr and experience what is said to be one of the most beautiful train trips in all of North America. This cross-country ride will not only get you to Denver, but also take you through breathtaking sights like Donner Lake, Moffat Tunnel, and the majestic Rocky Mountains.