Secrets of Amtrak
Psst. Hey you! Yeah, you. Wanna know a secret? Well, we’ve got 5. Read on to get more info on our best-kept (and not-so-secret) secrets for making the most of your time with us.
1) Red Cap: These awesome Amtrak employees are decked out in red so they’re easy to spot. They’ll help you and your luggage around twelve of our busiest stations and to the train for pre-boarding. Got a lot of luggage that needs some hauling on a motorized cart? They can do that. Traveling with friends or family that need extra assistance? They do that too. Tipping is at the customer’s discretion.
2) Amtrak App: The super-easy Amtrak app lets you book tickets and check train status in a snap. Plus, it has helpful station information AND an itinerary tracker so you can easily pull up your travel deets and ticket. Just search ‘amtrak’ in your wireless provider’s app store and get started.
3) Station Lounges: Need to get away from the hustle and bustle? Kick your feet up and recharge? We’ve got just the place. Those mysterious Club Acela and Metropolitan Lounge doors at our major stations provide the perfect place to perch while you wait for your Acela or cross country train ride.
4) Amtrak Guest Rewards: No gimmicks, just points. Two for every dollar spent, to be exact. Our Amtrak Guest Rewards program leads to redeeming free Amtrak travel, hotel stays, restaurant visits, cruises, shopping and more. Signing up is a snap, and your personalized profile lets you manage and redeem points with ease.
5) Views you can only see on Amtrak: We saved the best secret for last. America the Beautiful has lots of secrets, like forests shrouded in mist as the sun rises over the valleys of the Northwest from the Empire Builder, or majestic snow-capped Rocky mountains in Colorado from the California Zephyr. How do you get those sweet #AmtrakViews that you can’t see from 30,000 ft? With us, of course! Check out this post for some trainspiration and see the country in a way that only we can show you.
Alright, pinky swear you won’t share! 😜