Explore the West on the Coast Starlight
Where can you go to watch the Pacific Ocean sparkle at sunset, or the forests of Oregon emerge from mountain mists at dawn? The Coast Starlight, one of our premier cross country routes famous for showcasing the beauty of the West Coast with plenty of perks, like mouthwatering full-course meals in the Dining Car, room for your bike and four-legged bestie, windows on the ceiling in the Observation Car, and comfy roomettes and bedrooms to curl up in and catch up on the latest bestseller. As you choo choo along, you’ll experience America in a way that no one else can show you but Amtrak. Here’s how to fully enjoy this epic #AmtrakAdventure:
- Review n’ ride: From star-studded and sandy-shored Los Angeles to the caffeinated Emerald City, the Coast Starlight connects the West Coasts north and south bound in style. Whether you’re a Seattle-ite looking for some sunshine, or a San Franciscan seeking some peace at the Puget Sound, we’re the stress-free, indulgent route that will make the journey as exciting as the destination. Check out the Coast Starlight’s route guide and plan your itinerary.
- Prep for adventure: Socks? Check. Chargers? Check check. Books? Check check check. Here’s some train essentials real riders like you have listed as their favs, and also check out our baggage guidelines to be extra prepared.
- See where the train can take you: Some of our favorite stops on the Coast Starlight? Los Angeles for the incredible foodie scene, whale watching in San Luis Obispo, shopping in San Francisco, biking in Portland, and exploring the music scene in Seattle.
- Enjoy the journey: Vacation starts as soon as you step on board. You’re our guest, so sit back, relax, and enjoy the perks of being able to sip a glass of Merlot as you share the ocean views with you loved ones, tuck into juicy steak and mashed potatoes for dinner, or chat with your sleeping car attendant as he turns down your bed for a restful night’s sleep (ever seen a baby sleep in the back of a car? welcome to the adult version).
- Share the memories: If it’s not on Instagram, it didn’t happen (jk!). But be sure to bring your smartphone along to upload the amazing #AmtrakViews you’re sure to be stunned by to social tagging us @amtrak #amtrak. Check out these ‘grams from the rails, or flip through Amy Merrick’s Coast Starlight travels for more trainspiration.
Excited to explore the Coast Starlight?Don’t forget that booking 14 days in advance saves you 20% and Amtrak Guest Rewards allows you to put the points from your Coast Starlight trip towards plenty of awesome redemption offers. See you on the rails! 😎