All Aboard, Pets!
We know nobody likes to be left behind, which is why small cats and dogs can join their pet parents on #AmtrakAdventures up to seven hours long. Since the launch of our pets program, more than 10,000 pets and their human companions have traveled around the country discovering the joy of letting Amtrak handle the driving. Our check-in process is simple, making traveling with your four-legged friend easy and enjoyable.
Pets are welcome on the regional routes below, as well as in coach service on all cross-country routes excluding the Auto Train.
For the comfort of your pet, there are a few things you need to know before booking your next trip with Fido or Whiskers:
- You must book your ticket by calling 1-800-USA-RAIL or at an Amtrak ticket counter
- Pet parents will be charged $25 to travel with their furry friends
- Pets in carriers must weigh 20 pounds or less
- Pets must be placed under the pet parent’s seat at all times during trip
- Trips with pets may not exceed seven hours in length
As always, we continue to welcome service animals on board at no charge.
All set to travel? Call us at 1-800-USA-RAIL to book your trip today!