Chicago Metropolitan Lounge, Let Me Upgrade You
Amtrak travel is chock-full of perks and if you are traveling through Chicago we’ve just added a perk that’s worth upgrading for. Introducing the Chicago Metropolitan Lounge! The new lounge, which spans two floors and offers seating for 360, is available to customers who are traveling in Sleeping or Business Class and Select Plus, or Select Executive Amtrak Guest Rewards members.
Located between the Great Hall and concourse, the lounge offers customers a place to stow their carry-on bags, relax, work or even freshen up in the bathrooms that are equipped with showers. But, that’s not all! Customers with access to the lounge can look forward to:
- Best-in-class customer service! Our amazing customer service teams are standing by to greeting you with a smile! They will help you check your baggage, help you alter your reservations if you happen to make any last minute itinerary changes, or make sure you get the most out of your Amtrak Guest Rewards membership — it’s like having your own personal travel assistant! Did we mention they will also help you pre-board from the lounge?
- A space just for you! The Metropolitan Lounge was designed with all Amtrak customers in mind:
- Work hard or play hard: Free access to AmtrakConnect® Wi-Fi with plenty of access to outlets so you can charge your devices, as well as table tops and individual work stations. Did we mention there are 60 TVs that are Wi-F enabled?
- Playtime before train time: Families traveling with young children will love the section of the lounge dedicated to little ones
- Pre-boarding: You heard right! Be the first on the train, and stay informed with in-lounge boarding updates.
- Snacks: Free snacks, coffee, water, tea and soda abound!