5 Ways to Ride
There are many ways to make your own Amtrak adventure. Whether it’s a trip with your friends you’ve been planning for months, or a spur-of-the-moment trip to NYC after brunch, we can be your ride to just about anything or anywhere.
So where do you get started? A quick guide:
1) Online: Booking a ticket online is easy. Simply go to www.amtrak.com and input your information in the booking widget on the left hand side of the home page. While you’re there, be sure to browse the ‘routes‘ tab to get an idea of where Amtrak can take you if you’re unsure of your destination.
2) Over the phone: Our friendly customer service agents based in our customer service centers are pros when it comes to Amtrak adventures. They are especially skilled at booking multi-leg Amtrak adventures, or navigating logistics with you if you’d like to stay in a city overnight and need a connect the next day. Or, if you need to combine routes along the Northeast Corridor with a long-distance train. They’re just a phone call away at 1-800-USA-RAIL.
3) Ticket Kiosk: Let’s say you’re strolling through Union Station in Washington, D.C. with your friends. All of a sudden, you want to pull a YOLO and board the next train to New York. Our ticket kiosks (located in many Amtrak stations near the ticket counter) offer an easy way to input your destination and get a ticket in under 2 minutes flat.
4) App: The Amtrak app makes it a snap to book your Amtrak adventures near or far. Simply download the app on your iPhone, Droid, or other mobile device and follow the super simple prompts to get that e-ticket to ride in your inbox ASAP.
5) Ticket Counter: Our customer service agents at the ticket counter are there to provide service with a smile. Need to change your ticket last minute? No problem. Need to coordinate Red Cap assistance? They’re on it. Lost your ticket? Nothin’ we haven’t seen before. Come say hi and let us help.
We’re here 24/7, 365. Let’s ride!