Manners. When two of you get on and all the pair of seats have one person in them and the second seat has half their body in it. Just wondering if they paid for BOTH seats!
Train Manners Part II
Amtrak riders travel for all sorts of reasons; trips to the big game, headed back to college, the daily commute, and so on. But one thing is constant, train manners matter. In an effort to limit the side eyes and long sighs (yea we all do it),we once again asked the Amtrak audience from Facebook, Twitter and Google+ to give us their top #TrainManners. Here’s what they said:
- Bags belong in the racks above your seat, not on the seat next to you.
- The quiet car should maintain a library-like atmosphere. All the time.
- Be cordial to your fellow riders.
- Don’t hog the power outlets. Sharing is caring.
- Remember that not everyone likes the same music, headphones please.
- If you are going to travel for three days on the train, re-apply deodorant daily.
- Talk quietly on your cell phone. And if possible keep it on vibrate.
- Bring lots of activities for the kiddies.
- Be aware of the subjects you discuss on the train. Yes, your seatmates can hear everything, and are likely tweeting about it.
- Be patient, after all it’s about the journey.
- If you step off for a smoke break, don’t smoke in front of the door.
- When people are boarding the train, don’t lay across both seats so they don’t sit with you.
- Leave the shoes on, five hours of smelly feet isn’t fun for anyone.
- Knock before entering the bathroom.
- Always lock the bathroom door…always.
- Smile, it’s Monday for everyone.
- Don’t clip your nails on the train.
- Use your indoor voice.
- Don’t congregate between cars.
- Relax and enjoy the view.
Now that we know the top twenty Train Manners, let’s all make Train Manners a big deal. After all, we’re all in this together.
Did we miss any good train manners? Let us know in the comment section below.
Please do NOT treat the people who work on the trains as your personal servants! Yes they are there to help you not wait on your every whim!!!! And please keep your children with you at all times, I like nothing more than to come back to my seat after going to get something to eat and find your kids have taken over my space!
Be a sweetie and leave your phone back at the seatie no one waiting on line for service in the lounge car wants to hear your conversation or wait till your done talking,