I have been to NYC only once & was in awe of Grand Central Station! I loved the few sights I had time & ability to see; certainly the training center for cultural diversity (where I was in NYC to complete an employment training opportunity) was a rare treat! My husband has never been so this would be the greatest gift and we would surely return with a page of amazing places to share! Thank you for the chance at this truly generous gift!!! Good luck everyone!!!
Fans Pick Best Sights in New York City
When we chatted with PureWow’s NYC editor to hear her favorite hidden gems in New York City, you responded in a big way. In fact, you had a few suggestions of your own!
Using the hashtag #AmtrakNYC you sounded off about the best sights in NYC and a few in the neighboring burrows, too. Your results are officially in!
10. “DUMBO, Williamsburg, Bushwick, SoHo.” –Tyler via Instagram
8. “My cousin Erik’s place in Brooklyn!” –Michael via Facebook
7. “The Hudson River! Get a seat on right side going south and the left side going north!” –Laura via Twitter
6. “I loved walking down to Battery Park when I lived there. It's right by the National Museum of the American Indian, which has a lot of great events.” –Eric from Google+
5. “One of my favorite spots in NYC is slurping down some oysters at the Grand Central Oyster bar. A glass of champagne must accompany them of course!” –Kerri via blog.amtrak.com
4. “Junior’s Cheesecake off Times Square!” –Richard via Facebook
3. “The High Line!” –Andrew via Google+
2. “Montague Terrace in Brooklyn looking over the East River to Manhattan.” –Shane via Twitter
1. “Penn Station. It’s one of my favorites!” –Devon via Facebook
Best places to visit in NYC is definitely Eataly. Huge indoor marketplace filled with restaurants and Italian grocery items. You can't go wrong by grabbing an authentic pizza and then washing it down with premium beer at the rooftop birreria. Highly recommend it!
One of my favorite places to go in NYC has to be CITY ISLAND!!! You would have to be or know a real New Yorker to be introduced to this hidden Gem. #AmtrakNYC